Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer cooking....





We love good food. Trae is a joy to cook for. He does eat out a lot (being in sales it is part of the job) and is always grateful for good home cooked meals. Above is a few of our favorites that we are enjoying for the summer. I have a new chicken salad recipe that we are loving and is a cool refreshing meal for our hot Texas summer days. I am a huge advocate of whole grains and therefore I now make my own croutons. I can make sourdough or something specific for a meal but I love having a season whole grain one on hand for everyday. Grilled sandwiches are another one of our favorites and perfect for summer and not heating up the whole kitchen. The bottom picture is one of our very favorite salads. A friend made it at a gathering and said she never gave
the recipe out to anyone! Somehow I managed to be blessed with the recipe and I have promised her to never give it out!!! We are hoping to use our grill more too!







No comments:

Post a Comment