Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fresh herbs....

Fresh herbs add so much to cooking. The flavor it adds can't be beat and I wish I could figure out how to grow them year around. Perhaps I could with our mild Texas winters but I haven't tried yet! We love salads and I am blessed that my husband thinks I make a mean salad. I am thrilled that this summer Jacob started eating tomatoes too. He prefers them on a taco or a sandwich but that is progress and this mama is very pleased with that. This was a simple summer salad that I made with fresh tomatoes, havarti cheese, fresh basil and some salt, pepper and a dash of garlic.

1 comment:

  1. This looks YUMMO! I'll bet you could do many herbs in pots and bring them into your sunroom for the few weeks/months its too cold out. Just be sure to get saucers under them ; )

    ReplyDelete