Friday, April 2, 2010

Aroma....

I love to bake! My family loves to enjoy the result of my efforts. Baking for me is an escape and something that grows my creative side. Cooking in general does too but I cook daily and I bake weekly so it feels more like a special project than my regular cooking. This is our new chocolate chip cookie recipe. It was amazing and one I will make many more times. I cut the recipe in half and it still made a lot of cookies. For Easter I am making a lemon sandwich cookie that is amazing! I love to have a bit of a fruity citrus dessert for spring.

Ingredients

  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2tsp. salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Yields: 6 dozen cookies

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I love homemade cookies and Choc chip ones I don't make well so I will try this one. Mason loves my Oatmeal Raisin ones so I usually make lots of those to have around and freeze some the dough for later that way they are always fresh baked

    ReplyDelete
  2. will you give me the recipe for your lemon sandwich cookies too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia I just realized today that I put the online recipe for the cookies and I forget to modify it. I added those above so now it is correct! Opps! Sorry! The lemon cookies I make are from a Homemade Gourmet item so you buy the mix and add things to it at home. They are a lemon sandwich cookie and are divine! I do have a recipe for a easy lemon cookie and will send that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pudding cookies are a favorite in our home. Tobi loves them.

    ReplyDelete