Monday, December 6, 2010

My cupcake stand with a sweet story.....

I found this cupcake stand at a discount store and loved it!!! I have seen silver wire ones and white wire ones and I preferred this style because it is clear and allows the cupcakes to be showcased. One day I was chatting with a dear friend and we brought up the topic of cupcake stands and I told her I found one for a great price that I LOVED!!! I went into detail about why I loved it and that I hadn't seen another one like it. My sweet friend asked to borrow my cupcake stand a while back and I told her yes she could use it for a shower she was helping out with. Before she gave it back to me she shared the story that it was in the back of her SUV and when she opened the back it came falling and crashed and broke into pieces. She was speechless and couldn't believe what just happened. I think she could literally hear me saying how much I LOVED it when it fell. She searched several stores but it wasn't available and than her techie husband found it online and was able to order it. She told me the story after the fact and we all had a good laugh about it. We share a love of cupcakes, great serving pieces and a friendship we treasure. I love that she cared enough to go the extra mile. Her friendship means more to me than any beautiful cake stand I have or frosting for that matter! We share a love of frosting too. Good frosting not the fake stuff. Our motto is life is to short for bad cake!

1 comment: