Saturday, February 5, 2011

2 years in a row.....







Last year we had about a dozen inches of snow. I can't remember the numbers but I think it hadn't happened in like.....forever! Well, this year we didn't get a dozen but it was pretty close at about 6-8 inches and ice underneath it all. Schools were closed for 4 days, many businesses shut down and Trae worked from home (as much as he could get done) for 4 days too. We only had power outages one day and they were rolling ones so it wasn't to bad. Jacob played outside the first day and got his fill. We took Sam out yesterday for a bit of sledding (I picked up this sled for a buck at a yard sale last summer and thought for a buck I would take my chances we could use it and sure enough we didn't have to wait long!) and he loved it! His new word is snow and he likes it as long as he is on a sled. This year I will watch for some winter gear for him because he has on his coat but brothers hat and socks on his hands! :) Fun times but honestly we are ready to get back to life as normal.

1 comment:

  1. I am ready for normal, too! But have loved lots of down time!

    ReplyDelete