Sunday, September 25, 2011

100 things about me.....

LOL....I know some of you are laughing to yourself thinking I don't look at this blog to read about her! Give me pictures of the kids and we are good! If you know me you will know than that I love to connect so to be true to me I am going to give it a whirl. 10 at a time....you can handle that, right? I will keep it light at moments and go straight to the heart in the next.

1. I am a country girl at heart. I love nothing more than open space, a slower pace, produce stands on the side of the road, county fairs, small country churches and old downtowns.

2. I have been a sahm for 19 years and it has been the sweetest, hardest, fullest and most rewarding job. I wouldn't trade it for anything! 3 hearts entrusted to me, 3 gifts that I love more than I knew was humanly possible and 3 boys that will someday be husbands, daddy's, providers and my hope is they are followers of Christ more than anything else.

3. I love to read but haven't read an adult fiction book since my senior year in high school. I read daily but just can't do fiction unless it is for my kids! If I ever do pick up a fiction book I have been told I must read, Redeeming Love or The Help. I will put those at the top of my list for whenever I get there!

4. I love blankets. I always have one nearby and on a trip. A good blanket is one of those little things in life that I love.

5. Clutter or owning to much stuff puts me over the edge. Visual beauty without clutter gives me internal calmness. It is a constant desire to rid of more and more.

6. I love potatoes. Baked sweet potato fries, baked potato with cheese, bacon and butter and red potatoes with fresh rosemary are my favorite carbs.

7. I would have loved to have been a singer that sits on a stool strumming a guitar and share my heart via a melody.

8. I collect Eloise Wilken and Richard Scarry children's books. They remind me hugely of my childhood and I have a sweet collection that I treasure.

9. I hate (yes, I know that is a strong word) overhead light. There is nothing more uncomfortable (well maybe ice chewing!) to me than being in a home with overhead lights.

10. Water is like air to me. It is the only thing I drink and I can't get enough of it. It has to be cold and filtered.

That wasn't that bad was it? :)


1 comment:

  1. I love this list about you! How fun! Do you have the We Help Mommy and We Help Daddy Eloise Wilkin books? Those were my very favorite as a child and now I read them to my kiddos all the time!! Oh and I agree clutter and overhead lights are BAD... VERY BAD!!

    Just love your blog! So much to be learned from you and your love for life and ability to see joy in it all!!

    ReplyDelete