Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer favorites....


At the gathering we went to last weekend we brought a few of our summer favorites. Fresh fruit with our favorite fruit dip is always well liked and quick and easy to make. It last for a while in the fridge after too. The summer pasta salad was a new version that I tried and it was very good! I love to play around with pasta salad and see what I can come up with. My family is now used to whole grain pasta so it can actually be a healthy meal too.

Summer Pasta Salad

1 box of pasta in the shape of your choice
1 cup of sun-dried tomato dressing (you can use more or less to you liking)
1 cup of cubed monterrey jack cheese
fresh basil finely shredded
cherry tomato's cut in half

After the pasta is cooked and drained I add in the dressing, basil and tomato's. I stir well and lastly add the cheese so it doesn't melt to much. You can serve this warm or cold and when I serve it as a leftover I often add a bit more dressing as it can be a little to dry the 2nd time around. Enjoy!!!

Fruit Dip

1 8 oz block of cream cheese
1 jar of marshmallow cream
1 8 oz container of sour cream

Soften the cream cheese, mix in the marshmallow cream and add the sour cream. Stir very well and chill. I like to make it the day before so it can get good and cold. I often add a touch of red food coloring to it so that it is pink and people recognize it is a sweet dip to go with the fruit. When I leave it white I often get a lot of questions as to what it is. This easily keeps for a week afterward in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment