Saturday, October 16, 2010

10 things about me......from the heart.


I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and was reading online and saw a blog post where she posted 10 things that people might not know about her. I thought it might be a fun change of pace......so here it goes!

1. One of the things in life that matters to me most is living without regret. That is huge for me.

2. Relationship means everything to me. First with my Savior and second with others. Quality time is my love language and taking the time, effort and care to connect at the heart level is what matters to me.....that is golden in my book.

3. I dream of being at the ocean. I always joke if you find me missing for a week it might be because my husband had a good month and we have escaped to the ocean! It is how I am wired and there isn't a place on earth that I feel the presence, greatness and goodness of the Lord like the ocean.

4. Words are great.....really they are but for me words only have meaning if actions back them up. I heard a man once say that his advice to his teenage daughter would be listen to nothing a young man says but believe everything he does. Good stuff!

5. The 7 years I spent single were the worst and best years of my life. No, you won't find me thanking my ex (forgiven....yep!) for the hell he put us through as I can never say that it was the will of God BUT God worked it for my good and what He did in my life and heart during that time is something I would trade for anything!

6. I have only been 40 for about 6 months but I have to say it has been one of the best times of my life and turning 40 gets a bad rap! Sweet times and this gal smiles at the future.

7. My husband is Gods gift of grace embodied to me on this earth. He is the best man that I know, He is mine and I am madly in love with him. I am forever grateful for the morning God grabbed his heart, showed him that I was his and he obeyed. Never underestimate the power of obedience.

8. Having the gift of another baby at 38 is such a sweet gift. I treasured my babies in my 20's, I was a great mom (I think), I embraced and enjoyed each and every season. However, the perspective I didn't have then was how quick it changes. The love grows and relationship deepens but those sweet cuddles are different and much less often. I used to say that if I had one wish it would be to back and have a few days with my Andrew and Jacob when they were about 18 months. To hold them, love on them again and squeeze them as tight as I could. I have deeply enjoyed having the gift of Sam and wouldn't trade this time for anything. I savor those kisses, cuddles and pure sweetness 110%. It gives life an interesting perspective to be having one almost on his own, one spreading his wings and one that still needs so much. I am enjoying it and embracing it!

9. Home is the best place on earth to me. As a homemaker that carries a heavy weight but what a gift it is to be able to have that role. Some days it excites me, other days it exhaust me but it is a gift and privilege that I know is Gods best for me. Providing love, nurture, good meals and tending to details that only women do is a gift (most days!) that I am have learned to value more and more the older I get.

10. Every day I become a little more comfortable with who God created me to be. I said once that it took me 28 years to learn to love me. I spent many years of my life not valuing me, not loving me, not embracing me and certainly not celebrating anything about me. I was insecure, listen to lies from the enemy and sometimes those that surrounded me and honestly didn't know any different. When I was 28 the Lord lavished me with His love, reminded me in a beautiful way of His truth and heart for me and for the first time in my life I experienced a love and freedom I never even knew existed. It can be yours too! It is a choice and you might spend a life time learning to walk in but I promise you won't regret it for a minute.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your list, sweet friend. Would love to hear from you! Hopefully not at 2:32 am tomorrow morning, though:)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friends for your sweet hearts and kind love.

    ReplyDelete