Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sentimental Sunday.....

This pictures is one of my favorites. It was taken a few hours after Sam was born and had just had his first bath. He came out ready for a bath and haircut. Sam has to get his hair cut about every 3 weeks. His hair is precious and amazing! When I was pregnant I had fears what I would do with his hair??? My husband who happens to be black and knows more about black hair than I do did nothing to calm my fears. I looked at him with uncertainty and fear and asked him what would this white mama do with a little boys hair that was biracial. He had no response which didn't help my fears. What would it look like? Would I know how to fix it? Would my hairdresser who had cuts my boys hair since they were babies know what to do with it? It might sound crazy to you but to this mama it was a concern and something that was all new to me. When Sam was just 2 weeks old I was at a ladies conference and during the worship his sweet soft head was gently pressed under my chin and I thought to myself how soft and beautiful his hair was as it gently stroked my chin. The Lord said to me I did that just for you. I sat there filled with love, awe and gratefulness that my Lord cared about not just counting the numbers of my sons hair but also making sure his mama would know what to do with her sons hair and would love it. He is 21 months and has a beautiful head of hair that I adore. He has never fusses once during a haircut because he has gone all his life (9 weeks old!) and yes our sweet Martha cuts it too! She has cut my boys hair for 17 years!

2 comments:

  1. Swoon....dont' you just love it when you see a baby picture and it makes you remember all those wonderful moments from the first few days.

    I'm new to your blog, but I look forward to reading more about your wonderful family and life.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious story Julie! Sam is an absolutely gorgeous child. I miss seeing you. Hope we can get together one day soon.

    ReplyDelete